Friday, June 6, 2008

Self Evaluation

I think the most important tools for 21st century learning are all the concepts that we learned about this week in Daniel Pink's book "A Whole New Mind".  We need to teach students to think outside the box, we need them to have creativity without being limited on their thinking.

The most important technology skills to infuse in my classroom will be working on the computer and using Web 2.0 and learning about all the different tools out there.

Create/Innovate:  Class Project for next year
Communicate/Collaborate: Chapter Discussion
Problem Solve/Critically Think: Blogging

Changes I can implement today is using the Web more to find information and tools to enhance the students thinking and my own thinking.

Create more than Consumed: No, we did a lot of creating some activities or registered on some sites, but I consumed so many different examples and websites to visit.  I just wish I had more time to explore the websites in class and share those with created examples from the sites.

Contribute to a Collective/Shared Body of Knowledge: Yes, by working with Julie on the chapter that we discussed.

Participate in digital dialogue: Yes, by daily reflections and ichating work.

Use Self Directed or Discover Learning:  By being given a few hours to explore Web 2.0 and learn tools and different websites on my own.

My thinking has changed from taking this course because I have an overload amount of information and ideas to incorporate into my classroom next year!  Thanks Katie:)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home